Friday, November 19, 2010

Me and Megan hanging out in Georgia.

The wall that still stands by Pitt where Bill Mazeroski hit his World Series-winning home run.

Tea Bags bar located next to David's house. What.

Party People.

Holly's get-together was a rousing success. Thanks to her and her friends for making it wonderful evening.

Tonight, Megan took me out with her family for a nice mexican dinner at Frontera. A nice restaurant they were surprised did not exist where I am from. Her family is very nice and are taking me out tomorrow morning for a jaunt around Atlanta. Apparently there is a lot of civil war history in the area.

Monday I spent the night in Sweetwater, Georgia after driving from Pittsburg through Huntington, WV and Knoxville, TN. I had another free continental breakfast courtesy of the Hampton Inn and Suites. Bacon and eggs and Biscuits/Gravy!

Tuesday afternoon I arrived in Atlanta and killed some time waiting for Megan to get off work by going to a couple malls a nearby disc golf course I found online at the mall Mac store. It was 18 pretty difficult holes in Roswell which wasn't too far. The course was the best kept I'd seen so far: the tee boxes were all clearly labeled and swept, the baskets looked like they were painted yesterday and the OBs were lined with nets to prevent runaways. Each hole also had a sign indicating how the hole played and various notes about the surrounding environment. It was wonderful to see the dedication which went into making the course. Afterwards I napped at a Walmart until my friend called.

I've been staying just outside Atlanta in Conyers, GA with another sg friend. There was a keg of Bud Light Tuesday night which we helped finish. It turned out to be a crazy party, I finally got to sleep in a twin bed again. We've been playing Black Ops and Borderlands which are pretty cool games. I've had some authentic homemade sweet tea along with a heaping helping of birthday lasagna.

On Wednesday night Megan, her boyfriend and 2 friends invited me to an event at this local movie theater called "Bad Movie Night." The movie they showed that night was called Alien Private Eye. What. Go see it now. It had something to do with a black disc broken in 2 which fell to earth and created a drug '1000 times more addictive than heroine.' The movie was extremely unintentionally hilarious and I highly recommend it to everyone as a truly great example of 'so bad it's good' movie-making.

I'm leaving for Nashville tomorrow to spend a few days with Caleb's brother Josh. His house is supposed to be pretty big with lots of land on the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment