Saturday, November 13, 2010

I had a wonderful time in Canada!

Mere was a wonderful host and showed me lots of cool places around Montreal. We went to a museum with her tres cool amis, went shopping at the mall, walked with me around multiple dollarama stores, laughed at a bad scary movie (and laughed at some good ones) and she even let me use her salt & pepper. Such kindness does not go unnoticed. I have plenty of souvenirs and even did some international Christmas shopping. Bon Idee!

Last weekend, I drove all day from Montreal to Pittsburgh. I passed through Rochester, Buffalo and even this small town in upstate NY called Mexico. What.

I met up with Holly and David upon arrival at this bar around the corner from his house. The area is ripe with pubs and cheap places to eat.

I've been sleeping in the past week, staying up late drinking and playing video games. David knew of a sweet disc golf course right next to the Pitt campus which we played over the course of a couple hours. I went back several times to play the course because it was very well made. It's been chilly out but no snow in the area and surprisingly warm during the day. We have also played some indoor ultimate frisbee at this complex on campus the past two Saturday nights. The indoor atmosphere has been been very cool and I would love to come back and do it. I've never played inside but seeing as how it was 10 at night and 30 degrees outside, it was a good idea.

This past Tuesday night Holly invited some awesome people over for a potluck and it was a great night. There was homemade Sangria, wine and cheap beer which I made sure made an appearance. Thank you Holly for having us over at your house!

Wednesday night I went to Hambone's for some Obscure board/card games with some cool young people. I even got a deal on my Coors Light. Score!I also got to see David play in a band at this bar called Spin. I smuggled some booze in and felt great with the covers they were playing. I also got to chat with a cool girl named Carly who also plays frisbee and lives in the area. We chatted outside over box wine and beer which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm leaving Sunday morning for Huntington, West Virginia where I will be for a couple days. Tuesday night I will be arriving in Atlanta and staying there for who knows how long.

Will be able to post pictures sometime this week of all the shenanigans. I really liked the city and could see myself here in 2011. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment